Much privileged to conduct a virtual meet with Dr. V.P. Joy – IAS, Poet, Writer on the digital talk series of MJC ” I Believe I Can Fly” on 12 November 2020 through the Google meet platform.
The session was crowded with the Students & Faculty members of MJC Educational Institutions. The participants of this session were so engaged with the resource person to explore his experience in Civil Service. He motivated the participants to dream big and provided his guidance on all the queries which were incorporated by the participants.
About Resource Person:
- Dr. V.P. Joy aka (Joy Vazhayil), is a Malayalam poet, writer, researcher, and Administrator from India. He is also known for books and research papers on the energy policy and also on the philosophy of education, mind, and metaphysics. He has published several literary works in the Malayalam language, mainly poetic compositions.
- During his official career spanning more than three and a half decades, he has held important assignments in the Government of India as well as in the State Government of Kerala, India known by his official name V. P. Joy.
- Graduated in Electronics & Communication Engineering from the College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram. Later he did M.B.A. from the University of Birmingham, UK, and subsequently completed his M.Phil. from the University Panjab, Chandigarh.
- He was awarded a Doctoral degree from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi on Optimization of India’s Energy Strategies for Climate Change Mitigation
- Joy Vazhayil joined the Vikram Sarabhai Space Center as a Scientist/Engineer in 1985 and worked on the control and guidance of launch vehicles.
- Later he joined the Indian Administrative Service in 1987 and held various positions in the Government of Kerala and the Government of India.
- His book ‘Raamanuthapam’ has been translated to Hindi by Dr. H. Balasubramanian which has won the translation award of Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
- Joy Vazhayil has published the following multidisciplinary works in English:
- Limits and Limitations of the Human Mind, Vikas Publishers, New Delhi, 1995
- Facets of freedom, Delight Books, New Delhi, 2020
- Reflections on the Philosophy of Education, NCERT, New Delhi, 2002
Awards & Honors:
- S. K. Pottekkatt Award for the Poetry collection ‘Nimishajalakam’
- Akshaya Literary Award
- Pazhassi Raja Sahityapratibha Puraskaram, 2019
- The research paper, “A framework for the equitable apportionment of emission reduction commitments to mitigate global warming” published in the International Journal of Energy Sector Management was the Highly Commended Award Winner of the Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2012.
- Appreciation award for Anti-tobacco activities in Kerala State by the Regional Cancer Association, 2001.